Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Complicated… Really??

Facebook speaks our language. How many times have you read a person’s relationship status as ‘It’s complicated’ Instant reaction depending on your type –

A)-Hahahahah.. good one
B)-I soo know what you mean
C)-Hmm.. interesting!
D)-Yeaa riteeeeeee.
While most people I know would be B, I’m for sure D.

Complicated – a word more abused than Sorry, even more abused than Rockstar. Since I’m now the self proclaimed spokesperson for and expert on ‘our generation’, I’d say for us complicated means convenient, the best way to weasel out of anything.

Who cares what the dictionary meaning is… for us.. Complicated means end of discussion, but with a comma not a full stop.

So what does its complicated mean.. I’m thinking…
Boy: FB status – its complicated = I like some one, may be love her too, but I share similar emotions and sentiments for 3-4 others. Its actually that simple but since I ca’nt tell either them or anyone else that, let’s just say “Its complicated.”

Girl: FB status – its complicated = I love my ex but have too much of n ego to admit it or I don’t want to think what my status is but its surely not single. Let me say “Its complicated.”

Wannabes (You’ll be able to sense them, no gender discrimination here) FB status – its complicated = sounds cool eh?

People like me saying ‘it’s complicated’ = Don’t know what I’m doing, personally or professionally and I definitely don’t want to discuss it with you.

Confrontation isn’t one of our many strengths and escapism is bliss. Who are we kidding reallly???.. Well, that’s too complicated to explain

Complicated – One simple word. No more questions your honour!

P.S – Out of my love for FB and all my complicated friends


4 comments:

  1. well in our defense, atleast being complicated makes us a little more interesting! can you even imagine how annoying we would be if we were prozac happy with our jobs, relationships and lives!! we'd be like those chirpy people we hate! and wtf would we ever talk about?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahhahahahahaha......after reading ur blog...i myself went into a thought m i complicated too.....:))))...nice topic u hav discussed on...cheersssss!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Sarci Sis finally blogs!! Acyually i understand ur feeling it gets too 'complicated' to hold all our sarcasm inside us!! Bloging is gr8t way to relieve!!! Anyways great going I quite relate to being - COMPLICATED

    ReplyDelete